Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cloudberry

Thread: Blueberry Hazelnut Cake

Blueberry Hazelnut Cake

I want to make the Blueberry Hazelnut Cake in the Spring Bakes supplement in this month's issue but notice that the recipe isn't quite complete.

Do you have to bake two cakes to get the two layers or do you just make one cake and cut it in half?

Also, the picture shows a blueberry cream filling - is that just whipped cream with some blueberries swirled in?

Oh, and crystallised violets - where do you get them from?

Hope someone can help!

Actually, even though the recipe is called Blueberry and Hazelnut Cake there is no mention of hazelnuts in the ingredient list I'm not feeling very confident about making this for mother's day tomorrow

I will try and get answers to you on this one (although sorry it is too late for mothers day). Unfortunately with printing so many recipes occasionally something can get lost in translation.

I would suggest that with regards to the 1 cake or 2, that could be personal preference. Some people would rather make 2, I prefer to make 1 and cut it as I know that where I slice both sides will be straight, with 2 cakes you can have a slight rise in the middle and this would need to be evened off before sandwiching together.

Quote Originally Posted by juker View Post
    I will try and get answers to you on this one (although sorry it is too late for mothers day). Unfortunately with printing so many recipes occasionally something can get lost in translation.

I would suggest that with regards to the 1 cake or 2, that could be personal preference. Some people would rather make 2, I prefer to make 1 and cut it as I know that where I slice both sides will be straight, with 2 cakes you can have a slight rise in the middle and this would need to be evened off before sandwiching together.
    Thanks for your reply. I didn't end up making it for mother's day it was too risky, but I am still keen to make this cake. If you can post the full recipe that would be wonderful as I couldn't find it online and it looks so wonderful.

Big apologies, the publishers had sent us an uncorrected proof and it made its way into the magazine. Thankyou for bringing it to our attention here is how it should have been printed, hope this helps

Right click and choose open image in new tab to see larger
    Last edited by juker; 03-13-2024 at 08:43 PM.

Fab thanks for this juker the cream I bought for this recipe has 3 days left on it so I still have time to give this a go - can't wait to make it!
    juker likes this.

Brilliant let us know how you get on x