Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SharonLynette

Thread: vegetarian jelly/gummy sweets

Question vegetarian jelly/gummy sweets

What do people think of gelatin free sweets, or vegetarian versions of jelly/gummy sweets?

Being lactose intolerant when I was younger, I had sweets rather than chocolate, now I obviously wont eat them. I have tried the haribo vegetarian (also known as halal) sweets but really didn't like the texture, something true of most vegetarian sweets unfortunately.

Marks and Spencers have brought out Percy pigs and colin caterpillar sweets as veggie versions, had the Percy pigs (my favourite animal!) Recently and thought they were the best veggien gummy sweet I had tried

Don't eat sweets much. Prefer savoury munchies me! I'm all about those hand cooked crisps, spicy bombay mix and roasted nuts (especially the posh ones you can get on those fancy continental market stalls)

The goody good stuff strawberries and cream sweets are really nice but I had them once and haven't found them since!

I am definitely a savoury girl too

Not seen the goody good stuff products, will look out for them

I'm with you on the texture bit, it's just a bit odd, I don't like it unfortunately I'm not too fond of the veggie percy pigs and haven't heard of the caterpillar sweets but I was pleased when I saw they did a veggie version! What I do love are chewits, they are veggie and say so on the packet which is always a plus.
    juker likes this.